Contrary to what is depicted on television and in the movies, most personal injury cases are settled outside of the courtroom, in litigation. Avoiding a civil court case works to your advantage, as it is a costly undertaking to go to trial. As personal injury attorneys, we understand that it is often favorable to reach an out-of-court settlement through negotiations and it is less stressful for our clients, as well. You may be wondering what a personal injury case entails, or what it is worth. If you are suffering from an injury and want to hold the responsible party accountable, it pays to speak with an attorney. The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at The Draskovich Law Group, Chtd can help you obtain a settlement for your suffering.
Possible Damages in Personal Injury Cases
You can recover both economic and noneconomic damages in a personal injury case. The goal of our team is to negotiate for an amount that can be considered adequate to bring our clients back to homeostasis (or how they were before the injury), if not better.
Your damages may include:
- Medical costs: This amount includes costs of doctor and hospital visits, physical therapy, prescriptions and medical care necessary in the future, for ongoing injury recovery.
- Lost wages: If you have missed work due to your injury or had to quit your job because you can no longer perform the duties required, your damages settlement should cover these lost wages.
- Property damages or loss: If any vehicle, clothing or other property was damaged or lost because of your accident or injury, your compensation will likely cover repairs or replacement of those items.
- Pain and suffering: Discomfort suffered or ongoing because of your injury will be taken into consideration for your settlement.
- Emotional distress or loss of enjoyment: If your injury causes emotional trauma or distress or if it keeps you from living a relatively normal day-to-day life, such as being able to continue with hobbies or activities you regularly participated in, this may be included as a monetary compensation amount.
Request a Free Consultation: (702) 381-6590
The nature and circumstances of your personal injury case are unique, and each person’s situation and compensation will vary. If you are intimidated by the idea of pursuing the settlement that is necessary to recover and get your life back, you need our help. Our team of Las Vegas personal injury attorneys can help you navigate the legal system and seek compensation to the fullest extent possible. You deserve to live a full life and an accident at the hands of someone else should not hinder that.
Contact our firmto discuss your case today at (702) 381-6590.