Robert M. Draskovich
Robert M. Draskovich, Jr. is a Las Vegas native who knows this city better than anyone else. Fellow locals may remember him from Western High School, or perhaps from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree, Spanish, with honors, in 1994. However, those in the legal profession all know him as a tireless crusader. His name is synonymous with integrity and dogged efforts securing justice for his clients. He serves clients all over the United States to include California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Texas, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Florida.
Draskovich received his Juris Doctor, with honors, in 1997 from Brigham Young University Law School. He was a staff member of the Brigham Young University Law Review, 1996-1997, and was invited to become a member of Brigham Young University Law School Board of Advocates, 1995-1997. He was admitted to the bar in Nevada and the U. S. District Court of Nevada in 1997, and to the U. S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Following law school, Draskovich quickly earned a reputation for zealously representing clients in difficult cases and successfully helping people where other attorneys had failed. He has successfully defended a wide array of clients, ranging from members of the Hell’s Angels, the Vice President of Smith & Wesson, and a six-time Olympic Gold Medalist. Many of his cases have received intense media coverage due to their out of the ordinary nature. To date, Draskovich has tried more than 100 cases to verdict.
As a result of his hard work both inside and outside the courtroom, he has received numerous professional recommendations. He is universally regarded as one of Nevada’s best trial attorneys. The American Trial Lawyers Association has named him a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. Las Vegas Life Magazine has recognized Draskovich as a top trial attorney. Superlawyers has nominated Draskovich as a top criminal defense attorney in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. Martindale Hubbell has recognized him as an "AV Rated Preeminent Attorney." He was also nominated as the Nations Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel for 2015. Due to his experience and insight, Draskovich has been frequently asked to lecture on trial advocacy, criminal procedure, and evidence in both UNLV and Brigham Young University Law Schools.
Draskovich is a member of the State Bar of Nevada, the Clark County Bar Association, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, and Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice. He was a panel member of the Nevada Pattern Criminal Jury Instruction Committee, and a life member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Additionally, Draskovich was appointed as a mentor for the Criminal Justice Act panel for the Federal District of Nevada. Draskovich is fluent in Spanish.
Draskovich is an ongoing Legal Analyst for Fox 5 News, and the NBC Nightly News.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Brigham Young University Law School Board of Advocates, 1995-1997
- Law Review: Brigham Young University, Staff Member, 1996 - 1997
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- B.A. - 1994
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Spanish
- Frequent Lecturer, Various Criminal Defense and Trial Advocacy Subjects
Honors and Awards
- Las Vegas Life Magazine's Top Attorneys in Nevada, 2007 - 2015
- Nominated Super Lawyer for Nevada, 2007 - 2015
- The American Trial Lawyers Association - Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2007 - 2015
- Martindale Hubbell AV rated Preeminent Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- Nevada Pattern Criminal Jury, Panel Member, Instruction Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member